The first summer camp was held on Saturday, August 2nd through to Sunday, August 3rd, 2008 in Edinburgh, Scotland. Over 50 students from all over Europe were treated to an intensive weekend of training. All learned the scientific drills and skills of Personal Defense Readiness™. They were also treated to a combat calisthenics session as well as a High Gear™ demonstration.
The second summer camp was held on Friday, August 15th through Sunday, August 17th, 2008 in Virginia Beach, VA at the state-of-the-art BTS Training Center. This was the largest summer camp yet with over 100 participants learning the fundamentals of the S.P.E.A.R. System™.
Greg Glassman, the founder of Crossfit, led the way with a discussion on how the S.P.E.A.R. System™ and Crossfit compliment each other. Brandon Gillian, Crossfit Coach, led the group on a Saturday morning Crossfit workout prior to the start of the camp.
The camp attendees were also exposed to some advanced S.P.E.A.R. concepts such as leg kicks for the street and the S.P.E.A.R. System’s Street Clinch. On Sunday, the camp was treated to a demonstration of High Gear™ and the SPEAR System™ vs. multiple opponents and armed assaults.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Signup for the newsletter!
THE BTS TRAINING CALENDAR• Special Events
• LEO/MIL & First Responder Courses
• Personal Defense Readiness (PDR) Coaches Course
• CrossFit Defense (Trainer & Athlete)
Click here to view