- Eat real food!
- Remove grain from the diet (all grain).
- Zone weigh and measure for at least 3-4 weeks.
- Train with real exercises! The body responds to food and training the same way. It reacts and adapts to functional eating and training better than it does to isolative, non-functional exercise, and supplemented food. Contrary to making your life easier, bars, shakes, and supplemented food are not going to make you leaner, or fitter.
- Treat each exercise as its own unique skill. Once the skill has been learned, exploit it with intensity.
- Remember: Running is a skill.
- Make sure you are competent in all forms of energy. Being more aerobically inclined does not make you fit. You should be just as capable as turning over energy in 2 seconds as you are in 24 hours. Repeatedly!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Signup for the newsletter!
THE BTS TRAINING CALENDAR• Special Events
• LEO/MIL & First Responder Courses
• Personal Defense Readiness (PDR) Coaches Course
• CrossFit Defense (Trainer & Athlete)
Click here to view