I had the great privilege of meeting COL Drew Meyrowich during a recent visit to Ft. Jackson. COL Meyrowich is a warrior’s warrior and took an interest in how our program emphasized and valued the cerebral, cognitive, emotional & psychological facets of a warrior’s arsenal as much, if not more than the physcial attributes. The COL recently posted this on his FB profile and I was compelled to share it…
Enjoy this courtesy of Drew Meyerowich via Kent Keith.
“Been a while since I posted theses Rules I Live By. Learned these as a Young Wolfhound Major, helped me through tough times in Combat, and they continue to help me. Thanks Kent M. Keith!”10 Paradoxical Commandments of Leadership
by Kent Keith
1. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love and trust them anyway.
2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
3. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
4. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
6. The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest people with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
7. People favor underdogs but follow top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
9. People really need help but may attack you if you help them.
Help people anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have, and you may get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world your best anyway.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Signup for the newsletter!
THE BTS TRAINING CALENDAR• Special Events
• LEO/MIL & First Responder Courses
• Personal Defense Readiness (PDR) Coaches Course
• CrossFit Defense (Trainer & Athlete)
Click here to view