About 20 years ago I stopped writing New Years resolutions.
I don’t even discuss New Years resolutions.
No judgment for those who love writing out their resolutions (check out the photo – thx Steph!!).
This update isn’t anything more than my philosophical POV, so take it or leave it :-)
“This year I’m going to….”
Every minute becomes every day and every day eventually becomes, “Where’d the year go?
Those who are close to me know that I monitor my self, my actions constantly – every act, every word, every email, every post, every gesture….I strive to do what’s right, as i understand ‘it’ at this stage of my life, i don’t slack on personal standards, ever.
Every day I work to better manage fear, self doubt, hesitation, procrastination and more. Every day I try to improve my position in the game of my life.
I am always working on my mind and my body, always trying to better understand who I am and how I coach myself, my family, my team.
I am human so I get side-tracked, but my moral compass is always pointing in the ‘best-intention’ direction – the obstacles become lessons, the lessons become skill sets. This creates awareness, competence then confidence as the journey progresses.
So heres a thought, if we celebrated Happy New Day or Happy New Moment we’d create a massive bedrock of self-development and the discipline to continue that practice. It’s much more Zen-ish, offers much more opportunity to grow, the changes and transitions are manageable because they’re incremental and in near real-time and I believe much more fun. And, no hang over :-)
Have a great day!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Signup for the newsletter!
THE BTS TRAINING CALENDAR• Special Events
• LEO/MIL & First Responder Courses
• Personal Defense Readiness (PDR) Coaches Course
• CrossFit Defense (Trainer & Athlete)
Click here to view