The mental side of combat is so vast and powerful that it quite literally determines your next move. Dan Millman wrote, “When faced with just one opponent and you oppose yourself… you’re outnumbered.” Powerful words. Your mind can be your ally or your most formidable opponent. Your thoughts can motivate you or they can create the Inertia State of psychophysical paralysis.
One of the most important concepts Coach Blauer developed for the S.P.E.A.R. System is the three D’s (Detect, Defuse, and Defend). Like many concepts in the system, on the surface, it is simple to grasp. However as our coaching experience grows, we find deeper meaning and ways to make the message more powerful for our [...]
While training in the S.P.E.A.R. System you will hear this phrase day in and day out. It is time to deepen our understanding of this concept. We are going to explore its origins as well as all its layers.
The term was paraphrased / borrowed from military close quarter battle. When entering rooms, operators, immediately [...]
S.P.E.A.R. SYSTEM™ A HIT IN CALIFORNIA
Carlsbad PD once again hosted a SPEAR System instructor development course for 31 trainers from across the state. The group, which also included members of the I.C.E. and D.E.A. federal law enforcement agencies, learned the scientifically researched skills and drills that will enhance the survivability of their students.
MILITARY & FEDERAL AGENCY End of Year High Gear Special + Training Bonus
BONUS TRAINING WORTH OVER $750 FREE SHIPPING
- Happy New Year Happy New Day Happy New Moment Happy ... 4 months ago
- Attacking Yourself ... 7 months ago
- A Dark Night Indeed – The Colorado Movie Shooting ... 10 months ago
- RELAX DUDE… ... 10 months ago
- Making Everyone Happy ... 10 months ago
- 10 COMMANDMENTS OF STREET SURIVAL ... 11 months ago
- 10 Paradoxical Commandments of Leadership ... 11 months ago
- Fear of Fear ... 11 months ago
Sign up for our mailing list.