A revealing synopsis of self-defense tips…
Street Self-Defense for Beginners
In many ways we are all beginners in self‑defense. Street violence is chaotic and therefore, cannot be mastered in the way we master an instrument, a tool or a kata. It is easy to become an expert in [...]
In reality, the ‘martial’ notion of traditionalism is really an enigma. Modern, for me, has to do with ‘current’ concerns…the word ’tradition’ can imply many things (look it up) however the essence I prefer is ”A set of such customs and usages viewed as a coherent body of precedents influencing the present.” How I relate to this is [...]
By: Tony Blauer
I just finished a photo shoot at Black Belt magazine where I shared a refined strategy [...]
In your fight, you’re point.
Irrespective of your training, if the opponent is in your face, it’s now your fight. And while there may be professional rules of engagement, its also now a very personal moment. If you can’t subdue this threat, you likely will not accomplish your [...]
Uploaded from my iphone
This week we are at Fort Benning, the center of excellence for Army Combatives. It’s an honor and privaledge to be invited here since this is home to the Modern Army Combatives Program.
Yesterday we did our Leadership Brief for 24-7. Modern army combative (MAC) founder Matt Larsen was [...]
- Happy New Year Happy New Day Happy New Moment Happy ... 5 months ago
- Attacking Yourself ... 8 months ago
- A Dark Night Indeed – The Colorado Movie Shooting ... 10 months ago
- RELAX DUDE… ... 11 months ago
- Making Everyone Happy ... 11 months ago
- 10 COMMANDMENTS OF STREET SURIVAL ... 11 months ago
- 10 Paradoxical Commandments of Leadership ... 11 months ago
- Fear of Fear ... 1 year ago
Sign up for our mailing list.